JACK GRASSEL & JILL JENSEN
THE SHARON LYNN WILSON CENTER FOR THE ARTS, August 13, 11am - 12:15pm.
Jill and Jack present a seminar / demo concert "The Art of Accompanying a Vocalist"
3270 Mitchell Park Dr. Brookfield, WI. https://www.wilson-center.com/
THE MASON STREET GRILL in The Pfister Hotel, August 13. 6-9pm Jack plays a 6 string Telecaster guitar and a 236 string Steinway piano with the great bassist John Price.
VILLA TERRACE ART MUSEUM, August 21, 10:30am - 12:30pm
"Super Jack" continues his sonic assault on the sensibilities of western civilization with
an arsenal of musical and unmusical sound sources. Enjoy his once a year solo concert in the beautiful courtyard (inside if it rains). Say hi to Jill at the merch / memorablia table.
2220 N. Terrace Ave, Milwaukee WI. https://www.villaterrace.org/
SAM'S PLACE JAZZ CAFE, August 26, 7 - 9pm. Jill & Jack on stage. Good food & drink. Fine coffee. Free street parking. Phone 414 837 5127 3338 N. Martin Luther King Dr, coffee. Free street parking. Phone 414 837 5127 3338 N. Martin Luther King Dr, Milwaukee, WI http://www.samsplacejazz.com/author/samsplacejazz_7p7r0p/
THE MASON STREET GRILL in The Pfister Hotel, August 27. 6-9pm Jack plays a 6 string Telecaster guitar and a 236 string Steinway piano with the great bassist John Price.
THE BAREE, October 9, 4 - 7pm Drum master Sam Belton is Jack and Jills' guest artist. Food and drink 105 S. Main Street,
Thiensville, WI. 53092 262 292 8230 https://www.thebaaree.com/
OUR 7th ANNUAL WINTER CONCERT SERIES December 2nd. 7 - 9pm December 3rd. 2 - 4pm December 4th. 2 - 4pm
Limit 26 per concert in Racine WI. (snacks & drinks included) Arrive 30 minutes early. $25 advance tickets only.
Call Jill for info & reservations. 262 552 4012
BiG BOOK & CD STORE free U.S. postage https://www.jackgrasseljilljensen.com/store/c2/music
- POWER PRACTICING BOOK The guide to motivation, self discipline and efficiency for every musician.
- BRAIN TRAINING CD A relaxation - positive affirmation recording to increase confidence and power of all musicians.
JACK AND JILL "...audiences enjoy the accessible jazz, blues, latin and pop...astonishing virtuosity...deep emotional engagement..."
- WHAT WE DO https://www.jackgrasseljilljensen.com/medio-photos-program-bios.html
- VIDEO 2022 - LIVE CONCERT: https://www.facebook.com/.../pcb.../1025374114844024
- VIDEO 2017 - LIVE IN A MEXICO BAR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOseeQ5bvig
- VIDEO 2015 - CONCERT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za6HuaJtrAQ
- THE SHEPHERD INTERVIEW: https://shepherdexpress.com/music/local- music/jack-grassel-and-jill-jensen-break-the-silence/
JILL JENSEN has become an Olympic gymnast among #jazzsingers, leaping around and across phrases with breathtaking ease.
She infuses her delivery with soulfulness, power and seduction. Jill's wide-ranging career includes modeling, narration and acting
- VIDEO - THE GEORGE FORMAN GRILL: https://www.facebook.com/GeorgeForemanHealthyCooking/videos/10153340057546
- VIDEO - THE JOE PERA SHOW:
The grocery store https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyVtPDUfRfs
Joe waits with you www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1BK4JiDO4
JACK GRASSEL forged a unique path as a genre-bending multi-instrumentalist, composer, author & vocalist
- VIDEO - ARCH TOP JAZZ GUITAR SOLO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rtadaVqbnQ
- VIDEO - WATCH JACK WRESTLE WITH HIS INSANE TRIPLE NECK GUITAR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4HixLWg1Ks
- ONLINE LIVE ADVANCED LESSONS FOR ADULTS https://www.jackgrasseljilljensen.com/store/p356/Lesson-with-Jack-Grassel.html
- VIDEO - JACK DEMOS A GUITAR built for him by luthier Dan Smocke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNT87SbRkYg&t=22s
- VIDEO - REHARMONIZED REAL BOOK DEMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGyMhq2SiY
- READ THE JAZZ TIMES INTERVIEW: htps://jazztimes.com/reviews/books/jack-grassel-reharmonizes-the-real-book/
- THE J & J VIDEO JUKE BOX - 16 videos 1964 to 2022 https://www.jackgrasseljilljensen.com/videos.html
FROM PAT FINNERAN, "The other night I had a dream about music. Not the usual one where local folks and festival organizers show up and wildly appreciate the great talent. No. In this dream a swan came to me in a club. The swan was tall and graceful and had gold inlaid frets running the length of its neck. Rather than wings, the swan had four arms with sparks shooting from its fingertips. The swan floated up to a mild-mannered patron and opened its mouth. Out came a beautiful triple neck guitar. The swan laid the instrument at the feet of the startled man and said melodiously, 'Jack, take this and show others that it can do what no others can.' At that, the man got up on stage, plugged in and let loose with a sound that caused some to cheer and others to weep. With the shimmering, vibrating guitar seemingly an extension of him, he became a full orchestra playing bass, rhythm and lead all at the same time on the single instrument. The swan hovered above all in the crowd and said, 'Appreciate what you have before it's gone,' and burst into a flaming shower of arpeggios and disappeared...Hmmm, maybe I should stop having mushroom pizza right before bed."
FROM JACK. "I studied with Tal Farlow from 1992 – 1997. He always had playalong CDs going when I would arrive at his house for a lesson. He would listen to them as background music while he did chores silently, soloing in his head while doing the dishes. I started doing that too after I saw him do it. The listener can create improvised melody lines in his/her head that would not be limited by technical facility on an instrument. After practicing with a Jamey Aebersold Play-A-Long mentally and then returning to playing an instrument, physical cliches are diminished while the analysis of music by the ear / brain is increased." This system of ear training is the best preparation for performance. The antiquated solfeggio system has little to do with the actual playing of music. A fully-functioning player needs to know the actual pitch names of all notes involved and how they relate to the root and each other.
Visit Tal Farlow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w_6y5CGf8U&t=865s